Chicken legs or thighs with potatoes, peppers, and onions coated in flavorful Cajun seasoning. This dinner meal prep is suitable for a family and can be stored in the freezer.
Our Italian Herb Roasted Chicken & Potatoes Freezer Meal has been so popular that I thought I’d share another similar dinner prep of ours – Cajun Roast Chicken & Veggies.
We make a few of these meals at the beginning of each month, then store them in the freezer until we’re ready to eat. This way we have a bunch of dinners ready to go so that we don’t have to spend a whole day meal prepping each week.
- Chicken – You can use either chicken legs, thighs, or both for this recipe.
- Red Potatoes – Be sure to cut these up pretty small so they cook through at the same time as the chicken. If they are small red potatoes you can quarter them, if they are larger chop them even smaller.
- Bell Peppers – Bell peppers are a staple in Cajun cooking. I used both green and red, but you can use any type that you’d prefer.
- Red Onion – I like the extra color that red onions add to this freezer prep, but you can supplement sweet yellow or white onions if you’d prefer. I like to cut them into big slices for this type of recipe.
- Olive Oil – Extra-virgin olive oil is ideal for roasting chicken and vegetables. You could also use something like avocado oil if you’re looking to be healthier.
- Cajun Seasoning – You can use a homemade seasoning if you have that on hand, or use store-bought like Slap Ya Mama or Tony Chachere’s (that’s the one we use).
This post contains affiliate links (when you buy we make a little $ at no cost to you). See our disclosure for more information.
Other Freezer Meal Recipes
- Freezer Crock Pot Chicken Teriyaki
- Homemade Bagel Bites
- Spicy Garlic Lime Freezer Chicken
- Freezer Crock Pot Sausage & Peppers
Freezer Cajun Roast Chicken & Potatoes Recipe
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Yield: 5
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
2 Tablespoons Cajun Seasoning
2lbs Chicken Legs or Thighs
2lbs Red Potatoes, quartered
1 Large Green Bell Pepper, cut into large slices
1 large Red Bell Pepper, cut into large slices
1 Red Onion, cut into large slices
In a small bowl combine the olive oil and Cajun seasoning.
Add the chicken, potatoes, bell peppers and onions to a large bowl. Add the olive oil/Cajun seasoning mixture and gently toss until everything is evenly coated.
Add the chicken and veggie mixture to a 9×13 inch disposable pan, then cover tightly with foil (I double layer it). Label & date it, then store in the freezer.
Thaw in the refrigerator the night before cooking. When ready to serve, cook at 375 F for about 60 minutes – until the chicken’s internal temperature is 165 F and the vegetables are cooked through.
- Serving Size: 1/5
- Calories: 434
- Sugar: 5.6g
- Sodium: 1442mg
- Fat: 16.9g
- Carbohydrates: 36.9g
- Fiber: 4.8g
- Protein: 40.8g
- Cholesterol: 120mg