Pizza Baked Potatoes make a tasty lunch or dinner meal prep. This recipe is budget-friendly and has all the delicious flavors of pizza without any of the guilt!
If you’ve been following this blog long, you know that I love to incorporate pizza into my meal preps anytime I get the chance. You guys seem pretty into it because the pizza pasta salad meal prep and homemade freezer bagel bites are both really popular recipes!
This time I’m bringing you one of the best ways to get some pizza in your meal prep on a budget. All you need are a few potatoes, some cheese, sauce, and the toppings of your choice (I keep it simple with pepperoni).
- Russet Potatoes – Choose a medium-size russet potato for this recipe. This way it will easily fit in your meal prep container and will have a shorter cook time than a larger potato.
- Pizza Sauce – I use store-bought pizza sauce. If you are on a special diet, you can usually find sugar-free and keto pizza sauces.
- Mozzarella Cheese – Mozzarella is the traditional cheese of choice for pizza. It melts great and has less calories than most other cheeses.
- Toppings – I usually keep it simple with pepperonis. I like to use mini pepperonis, but if you can’t find them simply cut regular size ones into 1/4s. You can make a really good vegetarian version with bell pepper, onion, and mushrooms.
More Meal Prep Recipes
- Chicken & Veggies Pasta Meal Prep
- Italian Pinwheels Meal Prep
- Grilled Chicken Tenders & Hummus Lunch Meal Prep
Pizza Baked Potato Meal Prep
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Cuisine: American
4 Medium-size Russet Potatoes
1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
2 Teaspoons Salt
2/3 Cup Pizza Sauce
1 Cup Shredded Mozzarella
1/2 Cup Mini Pepperonis (you can substitute regular pepperonis cut in 1/4s)
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Pierce each potato a few times with a fork. Place them on a baking sheet and rub each one all over with the oil and salt.
Place in oven and cook for approximately 45 minutes, until potatoes are soft and cooked through. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
After potatoes have cooled, slice the top down the middle half way through the potato so you can fill it with the toppings. Add the pizza sauce, cheese, and pepperoni.
Place each potato in a meal prep container and seal it shut. Store in the fridge up to 5 days.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 300
- Sugar: 3.7g
- Sodium: 1665mg
- Fat: 15.4g
- Carbohydrates: 31g
- Fiber: 3.3g
- Protein: 12.7g
- Cholesterol: 34.2mg