This classic American salad makes for a delicious and satiating lunch or dinner meal prep. Features deli meat, cheese, hard-boiled eggs and veggies.
When you’re looking for a salad that’s truly a meal, you need to make Chef’s salad!
It’s a hearty salad that features a variety of deli meats – usually ham and turkey, sometimes bacon as well. It also includes plenty of vegetables and chopped boiled eggs. Of course there’s plenty of room for customization, depending on your personal tastes.
- Greens – I use butter lettuce, but you can use spring mix or any other greens you like.
- Deli Meat – Sliced ham and turkey are most commonly used, but roast beef is also included at some restaurants.
- Cheese – Swiss and cheddar are traditional, but you could swap them out for any other variety that you prefer.
- Vegetables – Sliced cucumbers and cherry tomatoes are the most common, but feel free to add others like radishes and bell peppers.
- Dressing – Thousand Island is traditional to serve with chef salad, but I usually go with oil and vinegar and greek yogurt ranch to keep it light.
- To keep greens from being soggy, seal the deli meat in a ziplock bag or saran wrap.
- Keep it low-fat by using deli chicken breast in place of the ham.
- Need extra healthy fats? Add an avocado.
Similar Meal Prep RecipesPrint
Chef Salad Meal Prep
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: American
8 Cups of Lettuce
4oz Deli Ham
4oz Deli Turkey
2oz Sliced Swiss Cheese
2oz Sliced Cheddar Cheese
4 Hard-boiled Eggs, peeled & sliced in half
1/3 Cup Cherry Tomatoes, sliced in half
1 English Cucumber, sliced
Tear or use kitchen shears to cut the lettuce into bite-size pieces and evenly distribute among four meal prep containers.
Cut the deli meat and cheeses into long strips and place on top of the lettuce.
Distribute the hard boiled eggs slices, cherry tomatoes, and cucumbers evenly among the top of all the salads.
Place the lid on your meal prep containers and store in the refrigerator until ready to eat.