This simple greek salad meal prep has all the flavors you’d expect – feta, tomatoes, olives, cucumbers, bell peppers, and red onion.
I’m always looking for simple meal prep ideas that will help me get closer to my vegetable consumption goal. One easy way to accomplish that goal is to eat more salads. This Greek salad is one of my favorites.
It’s a classic mediterranean dish that’s bursting with flavor from ripe tomatoes, fresh cucumber, briny olives, tangy feta cheese and flavorful herbs. It makes a great side salad, but it can easily be turned into a main dish by adding chicken breast, tofu, or even roasted chickpeas.
I make it often because it’s packed with vitamins and nutrients from all the vegetables, while still being and depending on how fast you are at the cutting board, you can prep a week’s work of these in about 10 minutes!
You can prep this individual meal prep containers for easy grab and go, or in a large family-style container if you do buffet style meal prep. You can even chop the toppings and store them in individual containers if you’d prefer to top your greens when you’re ready to eat.
- Greens – Use your favorite greens mix as a base. I use a spring mix.
- Tomatoes – I find cherry tomatoes the easiest to prep, but any tomato works.
- Cucumber – English cucumbers seem to hold up the best for meal prep.
- Green Bell Pepper – These add a nice crunch. Use red bell peppers if you want them to be sweeter.
- Red Onion – This is the classic onion used in Greek salad. Leave them out if you have acid reflux issues.
- Feta Cheese – I prefer to buy block feta and cube it, but for quicker prep buy pre-cubed or even feta crumbles.
- Pepperoncini – One or two of these adds some welcome tang and acidity to this salad. They can be left out, if you’d prefer.
What Dressing Should I Use?
Typically, Greek salad is served with red wine vinegar and extra-virgin olive oil. I recommend using a high-quality oil. I like Graza and NyonsOlive.
- Place a folded paper towel in the bottom of your meal prep container to keep greens from getting soggy.
- Sprinkle Greek herbs over the top for extra Mediterranean flavor.
- Be sure to keep the dressing separate from the salad until you’re ready to eat it. You can use these disposable containers or this reusable container.
More Salad Meal Prep IdeasPrint
Greek Salad Meal Prep
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Meditteranean
12oz of Greens
1/2 Cup Olives
1 Bell Pepper
1 English Cucumber
2/3 Cup Cherry Tomatoes
Divide greens evenly among 4 meal prep containers.
Top each with an even amount of the feta, olives, bell peppers, cucumbers, and tomatoes. Add one pepperoncini to each salad.
Seal your meal prep containers with their lids and place in the refrigerator until ready to eat.
- Serving Size: 1 Container
- Calories: 117
- Sugar: 3.4g
- Sodium: 309mg
- Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Protein: 4.6g
- Cholesterol: 11.1mg