Fuel up for the day by eating these overnight oats with protein powder. They’re a healthy, satisfying, and well-balanced breakfast.
If you’re like me, you’re always looking for simple and budget friendly ways to get more protein into your meals.
I often eat overnight oats for breakfast because they’re easy to prep, but I’d like the macros a lot better if they had a bit more protein.
Lately, I’ve been experimenting with adding different protein powders. Not only has it increased the protein content, but some of the flavors make the oats down right delicious!
If you don’t want to use protein powder, you can also use PB Fit. It’s a delicious peanut butter powder that has 8 grams of protein per perving!
This post contains affiliate links (when you buy we make a little $ at no cost to you). See our disclosure for more information.
- Oats – It’s best to use old-fashioned rolled oats. Quick oats tend disintegrate when making overnight oats.
- Liquid – I generally use unsweetened almond milk, but you can use any milk you’d prefer or even water.
- Protein Powder – I’ve used about half a dozen different protein powders with success. Be sure to experiment with different flavors! Some of my favorites have been Nutter Butter by Ghost, Dunkin’ Cappuccino and Garden of Life Vanilla.
- Toppings (optional) – You can eat your oats as is or add toppings like fruit, nuts, and even dark chocolate (pairs great with PB oats!)
- Add chia seeds to make your oats thicker and will also add healthy fats and fiber.
- Adding greek yogurt will make your overnight oats creamier and also add probiotics and extra protein.
More Overnight Oat Recipes
Other Meal Prep Breakfast IdeasPrint
Overnight Oats with Protein Powder
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
1/2 Cups of Old-Fashioned Oats
3/4 Cup of Liquid (almond milk, coconut milk, water, etc)
1/2 Scoop of Protein Powder
Fresh fruit (optional)
Add the oats, liquid, and protein powder listed above to a meal prep container.
Mix together well, then add desired toppings. Seal with the lid and store in the refrigerator overnight or until ready to eat.
Repeat for as many servings as desired.
Keywords: oats with protein, healthy breakfast