Stay hydrated with these melon smoothies. Three kinds of melon and a few hydrating vegetables are placed in individual containers, then stored in the freezer until ready to blend and eat.
It gets awfully hot here in Southern California during the summer and I constantly find myself wanting a healthy, cold meal. Even better if it’s hydrating!
That’s how I came to add these melon smoothie freezer packs into my meal prep rotation. Starting my day by eating this for breakfast gives me tons of energy. Drinking it in the afternoon makes me feel refreshed and energized. When you’re parched there’s absolutely nothing more refreshing than whole fruits and vegetables!
- Melon – I like to include three different melons: watermelon, honeydew, and cantaloupe. Feel free to substitute any of these with what you have available.
- Cucumber – Cucumbers are about 90% water and packed with antioxidants, so they were a natural choice for this smoothie.
- Celery – Celery is also largely comprised of water, is a natural anti inflammatory, and can even help lower cholesterol. If you’re not a fan of it’s taste, the smoothie is a great place to “sneak” it in to your diet. You’d never even know it’s there!
- Water – I like to blend this smoothie with water. If possible, use spring water for maximum nutrients and hydration. You can also use coconut water, but the melon already makes this smoothie rather sweet.
After you’ve gathered, washed, and chopped all of your ingredients, simply put them into a container. You can use ziploc bags, reusuable silicone freezer bags, or mason jars.
I like using the mason jars for freezer smoothies because you can dump the frozen ingredients right into your blender, blend, then return the prepared smoothie to the same jar for consumption.
If you’re just getting into meal prepping smoothies and need some other ideas you should also check out our banana berry smoothie packs, apple and greens freezer smoothie meal prep, as well as these acai cherry and matcha pineapple versions.
More Breakfast Meal Prep Recipes
- Protein Breakfast Box Meal Prep
- Superfood Overnight Oats
- PB&J Chia Seed Pudding
- Smoked Salmon & Bagel Chips Meal Prep Box
Hydrating Melon Smoothie Freezer Prep
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Total Time: 10 Minutes
- Yield: 4
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
1 1/3 Cups Watermelon
1 Cup Honeydew Melon
1 Cup Cantaloupe
6 Stalks of Celery
Wash, then roughly chop or slice all of the fruit and vegetables.
Evenly distribute them among 4 freezer safe, sealable containers (like mason jars or Ziploc bags). Seal the containers and store in the freezer until ready to consume.
When ready to eat, dump the frozen ingredients into a blender along with 1 cup of water (or other liquid of your juice). Blend until smooth and drink immediately.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 61
- Sugar: 10g
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Fiber: 2.4
- Protein: 1.6g